Monday, June 2, 2008

And He Spoke to Them in Parables

Compass Cinema's Modern Parables: Living in the Kingdom of God are billed as Bible studies for people who like movies.

Volume 1 offers six of Jesus's parables (Hidden Treasure, The Good Samaritan, The Shrewd Manager, the Widow and the Judge, the Sower, and Prodigal Sons) in modern depictions. After each short "movie" there is a lesson study that is useful to start discussion on each of the points Jesus makes in these parables. While I don't necessarily agree with all points made, I did find it useful in sparking discussion and reflection on what Jesus was communicating to us in these stories He told.

I have already used these in Bible studies and for general viewing with my family. My favorite is Prodigal Sons, yet there is something to recommend with all of them.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. "And He Spoke to Them in Parables" Very nice blog
    keep writing like this

    ReplyDelete