Monday, May 10, 2010

As Clear as Mud

Homeschooling parents/teachers are always on the lookout for ways to improve their children's writing. I encourage them to focus on content first (something worthwhile to share), clarity of expression (easily understood), and then work to improve the grammar and syntax (conforms to writing conventions).  I suggest that they view it as a work in progress.

I thought I would share the text of the warning label that accompanied the new water dispensing unit we purchased today. I offer it as an encouragement to those who are distraught over their children's writing level. I'm sure none quite hit the nadir of the following directive. I have not changed one word!  Really, I haven't.

ATTENTION 
  1. This product is not intended to be used by the people who has the disfigurement on their body, sense organ and intelligence. Also for the one who is in lack of experience and common sense (including the children). Only in condition that they are payed enough attention by the person who is responsible for their safety can these people use the product under the instruction of their guardian.
  2. WARNING--Do not use flammable appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are type recommended by the manufacturer.
  3. To avoid a hazard due to instability of appliance, it must be fixed in accordance with the instructions.
  4. In the back of water dispenser there is a fixing sheet, consumers should connect the fixing sheet with the wall or unmoved object by themselves, in order to avoid it fall down.
  5. WARNING--Do not damage the refrigerant circuit. 
I'm still trying to figure out where the food storage compartment is in my water dispenser!!  My husband asked me honestly to assess any disfigurement he may have on his intelligence.




No comments:

Post a Comment